Sunday, May 3, 2009

On the Road

This next week I will be on the road to Arkansas (Mt. Sequoyah Conference and Retreat Center to be exact). We will leave early tomorrow morning for a week long endeavor of training. I am traveling with my former mentor pastor and future 1/4 time boss and my soon to be new District Superintendent.

We will be attending a set of workshops on strengthening Mother-Daughter church starts, New Church Leadership Institute (the boot camp for new church starts in our denomination), and a day or so on strengthening launch day worship services.

As I prepare to move to my new appointment in Port Arthur in June, this training is necessary for a new ministry that we are planning on launching in Southeast Texas.

I am not yet sure of what all the facilities have to offer. I will do my best to update the blog from the road (not to worry, the daily prayers will keep coming in my absence), especially if there is wireless internet where we will be staying. Just in case that option is not available, I will still be updating my FB status and Twitter account from my phone. If you would like to follow me using one of these other forms of social media, you can find links on the right side of this blog that will connect you to me in those other venues.

I am looking forward to the opportunity to fine tune some skills for my future ministry in Port Arthur.

If you have already been to church start school or to the NCLI boot camp, I would be curious to hear what you thought about it. Leave me a comment.

If you are a church planter/ministry starter and have attended other helpful forums, I would be interested in hearing about those as well. Again, just drop me a line in the comments.

Blessings,

Russell

No comments: