Friday, May 29, 2009

May 29, 2009

Here is today's prayer:

"The end of a thing is better than its beginning; the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit (Ecclesiastes 7:8, NKJV)

I've been proud, Lord, so I understand what You're talking about here. At times that old haughty spirit still tempts me. I want things my way, and i don't want to wait for Your better path.

But You didn't leave me to my own desires. You're working in me, slowly but surely, to turn that pride into forbearance. You're strengthening my 'patience muscles' as I grow in faith.

In the end, I will be better than I was on the first day I came to You. The proud spirit that once indwelled me has turned soft and gentle--but strong. I'd never have done that under my own power. Thank You for Your Spirit's work in my heart. Amen.

From Prayers and Promises for the Graduate, pg. 129

No comments: