Monday, May 11, 2009

NCLI - A Wrap Up

I neglected to finish up my posts on my time in Arkansas last week; I thought I would offer a little wrap up.

The last day was by far the best. We spent the morning with the creative minds of Len Wilson and Jason Moore from Midnight Oil Productions. I gotta tell you these guys are hilarious!

We spent the morning talking about creative collaboration, worship planning, use of creative media and metaphor, and all kinds of pertinent stuff. If there was a day that made my week in Arkansas worthwhile, it was Friday morning. My only disappointment was that we didn't get a full day with them.

In the aftermath of a week long look at church and ministry planting, I have begun to kick the journey into high gear. I have begun working on two main fronts. The first front is building the prayer team that will pray for this ministry from now through its actual birth or launch. The second front is refining the ministry plan and moving forward with developing the launch team in Port Arthur.

All I can say at this point is that I am excited about the response and looking forward to actually getting on the ground in Port Arthur.

Stay tuned for more updates and if you get a chance to go to a Midnight Oil Productions workshop anywhere in the country, I would highly recommend it.

No comments: