Friday, May 22, 2009

Graduation from Seminary

There is a lot going on in life right now. Illness, truck replacement, packing and fire calls have slowed my posting down a little, so I thought that I would do several posts to catch up.

Last Saturday was the culmination of more than 9 years of hard work. 9 years ago, I experienced a call to vocational/pastoral ministry. Within my denomination, a master's degree is required for ordination. Since I hadn't had any college, I had to start from scratch. So in the fall of 2000, I began my higher education career. I first graduated with an Associates in Arts degree from Houston Community College, then a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Houston, and finally with a Master's of Divinity degree from Perkins School of Theology at Southern Methodist University.

Here are some pictures of my and my friends celebrating along with several folks who have been supportive in so many ways these last 9 years (don't you just love those little hats!):



I have already determined that I will get a Doctorate of Ministry degree; though I will have to wait a couple of years to begin that one. Congratulations to all of my fellow graduates and to all those that will be graduating over the next couple of weeks from other schools across the country.

No comments: