Saturday, May 30, 2009

May 30, 2009

Here is today's prayer:

"No servant can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and wealth (Luke 16:13, NASB)."

Many desirable things quickly turn me from You, Lord. I admit I willingly fall far from You when worldly toys attract me. Forgive me for placing anything ahead of Your love.

Though deep down I know things can never replace You, when money or goods attract me, I don't usually ponder the exchange I'd be making. I want to believe I can have it all. Remind me, Lord, that to be faithful to You, even my money must serve You. Spiritual things have so much more value than the wealth I desire.

Make me wholeheartedly desire Your will, Jesus, so I cannot serve the wrong master. Amen.

From Prayers and Promises for the Graduate, pg. 153.

No comments: