Sunday, May 24, 2009

May 24, 2009

Here is today's prayer:

"But the needy will not always be forgotten, nor the hope of the afflicted ever perish (Psalm 9:18, NIV)."

I certainly have needs now, Lord. They overwhelm me until I hardly know where to turn.

But I still hope in You, Jesus. I know You will never forget me or desert me, and You will always provide a way out of my troubles. No matter what problems we have faced, You have never yet forgotten or given up on Your people. Though it may take some time, You faithfully respond.

In my need, assuage my physical and spiritual emptiness, Lord. To have one need fulfilled without the other will not make me complete. Without Your Spirit's flow in my life, I am still afflicted. I need Your filling, Lord. Amen.

From Prayers and Promises for the Graduate, pg. 93

No comments: