Wednesday, May 27, 2009

May 27, 2009

Here is today's prayer:

"Love never fails (1 Corinthians 13:8, NKJV)."

I couldn't call my love for others "unfailing," Lord. When people irritate me, it's so easy to make unloving choices. Though I want to draw others to You by my own faithfulness, my own sin gets in the way, and I find myself being a traitor to Your kingdom.

Though my caring ability fails often, I know from experience and Your Word that Yours never does. I'm incredibly glad of this promise, because I know how much I need Your love every moment of my life. If You failed to shower me with Your affection, my days would really be a mess.

Fill me with Your unfailing love for both those I relate to easily and those who are a challenge just to be with. Love them through me with Your unending compassion. Amen.

From Prayers and Promises for the Graduate, pg. 112

No comments: