Sunday, May 17, 2009

May 17, 2009

Here is today's prayer:

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled (Matthew 5:6, NIV)."

If You hadn't told me so, I wouldn't think of spiritual hunger as a blessing, Lord. My goal is always to be filled entirely with You. Maybe I've been greedy about wanting only the best spiritual experience.

When a dry spell hits, I wonder what I've done wrong. I don't feel at all blessed, but hungry and thirsty for a taste of Your love. How glad I am that I can trust that even when I feel empty, You remain with me. In an unexpected way, You are preparing to fill me with even more righteousness.

I want to be filled with You, Lord, no matter how You do it. Fill my hungry soul any way You want to. Amen.

From Prayers and Promises for the Graduate, pg. 15

No comments: