Thursday, May 21, 2009

May 21, 2009

Here is today's prayer:

"Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously (1 Corinthians 9:6, NIV)."

This verse reminds me that You gave generously, Lord, and expect me to follow in Your footsteps. Because You've bestowed so much on me, I can share Your generosity. How will others know what You're really like if I hoard my experiences with You, the gifts You've given me, and even the physical blessings You've allowed me to have?

Open my spirit to Your will, Lord, and help me give from a generous heart so I can experience Your joy in generosity. When I reach heaven, instead of a poor harvest that resulted from today's greed, I'd like to see a full field of good plants that took root in Your kingdom. Amen.

From Prayers and Promises for the Graduate, pg. 61.

No comments: