Thursday, May 28, 2009

May 28, 2009

Here is today's prayer"

"He who loves silver will not be satisfied with silver; nor he who loves abundance, with increase. This also is vanity (Ecclesiastes 5:10 NKJV)."

I have to admit I'd like to have many things, Lord. Financial success and blessings could make life easier in some ways. But You're reminding me that seeking them as my final goal is useless. Money won't fill the ache in a heart, and a successful career won't solve every problem in life.

May my satisfaction never be with things, Lord. I don't want to come to the end of my life and find I have nothing to show for it. Remind me that money and property do not translate into heavenly rewards--those are found in giving heart and love for You. Amen.

From Prayers and Promises for the Graduate, pg. 117.

No comments: