Tuesday, May 26, 2009

May 26, 2009

Here is today's prayer:

"But from there you will seek the Lord your God, and you will find Him if you search for Him with all your heart and all your soul (Deuteronomy 4:29, NASB)."

Sometimes when I hurt, I feel so far from You, Lord, that I begin to wonder if You even care anymore. When I experience that feeling, often it's because the world has gotten in between us. I've fallen into sin, and the sin looks good. Or I've let the pressures of overbusyness keep me from time with You. Forgive me, Lord.

A life off course becomes a lonely existence. Even in a crowd, I feel far from everyone. All I need to do is return to You. Turn my heart again in the right direction, Lord. Help me to put aside all that divides us and draw close to Your side again. Amen.

From Prayers and Promises for the Graduate, pg. 110

No comments: