Monday, January 5, 2009

A New Phishing Scam

For all of you out there that use Facebook, please take note!

Recently, emails have been showing up in my personal email inbox saying that I have a message from a friend. The message reads something along the lines of "I have been getting your messages on my Facebook account and wonder if you could look into this."

At the bottom of these emails are two links. The first one says to respond to this message click link below. The second one says to choose which emails you receive from Facebook, click the link below.

One of the senders is notification+k15wuuui@facebookmail.com and this is not a valid email address from Facebook.

Please note, this is a phishing scam to get your account information to crack your user ID and password.

These emails will most likely (7 of them I have received in the last 8 hours) will come from folks who aren't even on your friends list.

Immediately delete these emails and do not click on the links found within them!

I wanted to get this notice out to everyone that is one of my friends on Facebook, Twitter, or reads my blog...many of you are involved in using this social media network for ministry and work as well as for personal use. I just wanted to be sure that you were kept safe in your use!

Please share this with everyone you know that uses Facebook!

Blessings,

Russell

No comments: