Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy Anniversary to My Beautiful Wife

During Advent 2000, I was at a party for my Sunday school class and as I was sitting and visiting with a friend, and she walked in. I knew from the moment that I saw her that I was going to be in trouble (of course, I was right)!

We went on our first date on January 5th, 2001 and were married on January 5th, 2002. The last 8 years of my life have been more joyful, more fulfilled, and a whole lot more fun because of Erica. God has truly blessed me!

I have been in school since Erica and I met. I have been more and more involved in ministry since that first meeting. To say that she is supportive of my calling would be an understatement. She is the most supportive person I know. And while she does not work shoulder to shoulder with me in the daily happenings of ministry, my ministry and my life would not be what they are today without her presence.

Almost 17 months ago, Erica and I embarked on a new adventure (as if school, work, and marriage wasn't enough!); we welcomed our little bundle of joy - Bailey Ann - into the world. There are no words to describe how wonderful she is as a mother. Again, God has truly blessed me.

On this day---the 7th anniversary of our marriage and 8th anniversary of being together---I just wanted to say how grateful I am for the gift that Erica is to my life.

Oh yeah, in case you haven't met them, here's Erica with Bailey:



Happy Anniversary Honey!

SHMILY!

No comments: