Saturday, January 3, 2009

An Appreciation for Art

One of the things that I thought would be good to do with the Photo Blog 2009 series is to share a little more about my life with the photos that I share with you all.

Many people may not know that Erica and I really enjoy collecting artwork. With that in mind, I thought I would share with you a couple of our favorite pieces.

This first piece is an etching by Rembrandt entitled "Woman at the Well":

From Photo Blog 2009


These next two pieces are by an artist named Bellet (pronounced bel-lay). His work is absolutely amazing because he utilizes a pallet knife rather than a brush to create his pieces...here are two of our favorites:

From Photo Blog 2009


From Photo Blog 2009


Not all of our collection is by famous people...in fact, we have discovered that some of our favorite pieces can be found in antique and junk shops around the country. This is one such piece...if you look at it from the outside, it looks like a chimpanzee painted it---not good at all---but when you look at it from the inside, with the sun shining through it from behind, you get this beautiful piece (I am sure that this photo doesn't do it justice):

From Photo Blog 2009


Anyway, that's my Photo Blog 2009 update for today! What are some of your most appreciated pieces of art?

No comments: