Sunday, January 18, 2015

We all need healing

If we are honest with one another, we are all in need of healing at one time or another.  We need our hearts and spirits healed as much as our bodies.  Or minds need healing too.

Yesterday was a day of prayer for me as I tended to my daughter who is sick with a virus.  As symptoms began to escalate, I called a couple of trusted friends, took my daughter to the urgent care/ER clinic and continued to pray.  James tells us of the power of prayer in the scriptures, but there is an Old Testament promise relating to wholeness and healing:

But for you, the ones who tremble at the sound of My name, a warm sun of righteousness will come forth with healing in its rays, and you will go out, springing from the stalls like calves in open pasture. 

Those words are found in Malachi 4:2 and the above translation is from The Voice.  These were words of hope for me yesterday and I pray that they will be words of hope for you today.

Today's Prayer:
Gracious God, you know of our afflictions - mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual - long before the words leave our lips to be lifted to your ears.  Today we pray that you would hear our prayers for healing and would act in tangible and miraculous ways.  We give thanks for your faithfulness and look forward to all the different healings you will bring about in our midst.  This we pray with gratitude in Christ's holy and precious name.  Amen.

No comments: