Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Serenity Now

I loved watching Seinfeld for a number of years...it was an after hours staple.  One of my favorite episodes had Kramer yelling Serenity now throughout the skit.

Truth be told, life throws us curve balls.  The unmentionable or unimaginable can infiltrate our lives or the lives of our friends or loved ones in a moments notice.  For me, these become moments of necessary serenity.  I don't know exactly what each of you are going through right now, but it seems to me that the world could use a little more serenity...NOW!  So I offer this crucial prayer.  I know that it had been offered before and is familiar to many of you, but I offer it again nonetheless.

Today's Prayer:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference.  Amen.

No comments: