Thursday, September 10, 2009

September 10, 2009

Here is today's prayer:

O Lord, draw my life into conformity with your will.
Help me to remember and respond to Jesus' word, "A new
commandment I give to you, that you love one another;
even as I have loved you, that you will also love one
another (John 13:34).

Bring my life into sharply focused love. Integrate my
living around its true center. May every expression of my
life be a reflection of your grace and goodness.

Give "style" to my life, the style of Jesus Christ who
came as a servant, who happily gave himself, who lived
humbly, recreatively, faithfully, challengingly.

Simplify my wants.
Enrich my sense of community.
Make me participant in the lives of those in need.
Give me sensitive awareness and tenacious
strength to do what is right.

Form me by your will; order my living. Give clear
purpose to my life.

In the name of him in whose image we seek to grow. Amen.

~Thomas A. Langford Prayer and the Common Life, pg. 90

No comments: