Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Day in the Life of a Firefighter

This week's contribution to Photoblog 2009 is a set of pictures from a grass/wildlife fire we recently worked here in East Texas.

This first picture is of me and Lance as we are pulling up to get more water in the grass truck from the tanker that is stationed near by. Lance is the one climbing down out of the back.

From Photo Blog 2009


This is another picture of our refill:

From Photo Blog 2009


In this picture Lance and I are having a conversation with the chief (he is the one in blue jeans and no brush suit)about continued strategy as we continue our work on this fire into the second hour:

From Photo Blog 2009


This next photo is one of me putting my gloves back on getting ready to go back into the smoke and fire after a short break:

From Photo Blog 2009


This last photo is me with my lieutenant's helmet on helping Lance with the hose and standing nearby to operate the pump on the trunk (some days you are at the end of the hose with the fire and others you are at the truck...both jobs equally important).

From Photo Blog 2009


Thanks to Susan for taking such great pictures...I will post more in the weeks to come.

No comments: