Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Morning Reflections - Serenity Now!

One of my favorite Seinfeld episodes revolved around the words "Serenity now!"  I won't belabor the plot of that particular episode, as I am sure that you can find it on YouTube, Hulu, or some other video service.  Instead, I want to just relate the message that sometimes we have so much going on in our lives that the oceans of our spirits our kept constantly churning. 

Now there are some things on our plates that we can change.  There are other things going on in our lives that we have absolutely no power over.  The key is distinguishing the two from each other correctly.  When I have days or moments like this, a single simple prayer (sometimes repeated over and over again) can help to refocus me.  That's the prayer I offer up to you today...the Serenity Prayer.

Today's Prayer - God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.  Amen.

No comments: