Thursday, August 14, 2014

Morning Reflections - God's Protection

This morning, as I have sat for the last hour and a half reflecting, I keep thinking about all the people that are traveling.  You see, in my household,this begins a season of travel for my family.  My wife and daughter are getting ready to travel out of state for my sister-in-law's wedding.  I will be traveling out of the country in just a couple of weeks.  Our friends and extended family members just ended a vacation that included traveling to spend some time with us.  And the longing of my heart this morning is simply for their safety; for their protection.

I am reminded of the psalmist who says, "But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you."  And that is my hope this morning; that my fellow travelers would rejoice in God and experience God's protection along their journeys.

Today's Prayer - Holy God, you go before us, are behind us, and come along side of us until we are completely hemmed in.  Today we ask for your protection and travel mercies for our friends and families as they travel.  Let them rejoice in you on their journeys and keep them safe.  Your grace, your mercy and your protection are sufficient.  We give thanks and ask these things in Christ's name.  Amen.

No comments: