Friday, August 22, 2014

Morning Reflections - Nudged by God

Herschel Walker once said, "Being a born-again Christian, I believe God actively and directly influences me to action."  I believe he is right.

The challenge is that we have to slow down long enough, stop running long enough, turn down the white noise of our lives long enough to hear and be nudged by God.

The psalmist in Psalm 46:10 reminds us, "Be still and know that I am God."

In my experience, it is only in that stillness, only in those moments of deep knowing that we can best sense the nudging of God. 

Today's prayer - Holy God, break through all the noise and activity of our lives that we may have deep, tangible, transformative moments of knowing you.  And in those moments Lord, direct our thoughts and actions for your glory.  Amen.

1 comment:

Susan Bryant said...

I was about to complain about how quiet it is here at the lake. Guess I'll just be quiet and listen.
S.