Sunday, August 10, 2014

Morning Reflections - Gratitude

Last night, our long time friends arrived from out of town.  We enjoyed a meal together and lots of laughter as our girls played together.  Over the next couple of days (namely Monday and Tuesday) we are going to enjoy some vacation type activities with them while they are visiting.

I share all of this with you simply for the fact that I am grateful that this other clergy family is such an integral part of our lives.

Paul in his letter to the Philippians says that we are to bring all things before God with prayer, petition and thanksgiving (my paraphrase).  The 12 step groups I run in say to have an attitude of gratitude.  My experience tells me that as trite as these words of Paul's and 12 steppers may seem, they are invaluable wisdom to a spiritually Christ centered life.

So let me ask you, what are you grateful for today?  I'd love to hear your gratitude lists, so please feel free to share them in the comments section below.

Today's prayer - gracious God, today we give thanks.  We thank you for what you did to eliminate the gap that we placed between you and us.  We thank you for the rich blessings do people and provision that you have placed in our lives.  And God, we especially thank you today for ________________.  Help keep us grounded in gratitude, humility, and wisdom, this day and always.  Amen.

1 comment:

SBryant said...

Gratitude list:
Getting up before the rest of the household and having my first cup of coffee with God (and the dog and 2 cats).
So many more.....