Sunday, April 26, 2009

April 26, 2009

Here is today's prayer:

My Lord Jesus, I really long to thank You once more with all my heart for Your amazing grace in granting me the privilege of being Your child. My joy at this overwhelming act of grace and this glorious privilege, and my love for You are sometimes so great that I feel as though I shall burst. All I can do is praise You. Yet I have often been cold towards You for long periods of time. Forgive me, Lord. But now let my life be aflame with love for You alone. And when I do not abide fully in You, lead me along paths of lowliness until I am free of all worldly, human interests and belong to You alone. Grant me the grace to glorify Your name wherever You place me. Oh, that I may reflect Your countenance one day so that even non-Christians would know that it was only Your doing, Lord Jesus. Take my life, Lord. I long to live for You. Use me. I surrender myself to You with all that I am and have...Grant that I may be clothed with Your love and humility. Amen.

-From I Found the Key to the Heart of God by Basilea schlink

No comments: