Wednesday, April 15, 2009

April 15, 2009

For the next month or so, I would like to share some prayers with you that come from a variety of places (and authors), but that have been gathered into a single volume that I highly recommend for everyone's library (A Guide to Prayer for All God's People by Rueben P. Job and Norman Shawchuck and published by The Upper Room). In addition to these and many more prayers found in this text, there is a plethora of quotes from a variety of Christian writers (as readings for reflection), hymns, daily prayer models, and monthly retreat models. Again, I highly recommend this book for your library!

Anyway, here is today's prayer:

O high and glorious God,
enlighten my heart.
Give me unwavering faith,
sure hope,
and perfect love.
Give me deep humility,
wisdom, and knowledge,
that I may keep your commandments. Amen.

-From I, Francis by Carlo Carretto

No comments: