Sunday, August 3, 2008

On Vacation!!!

I didn't end up getting away from the church and house until after 1:30 p.m. in the afternoon on Sunday. Although I was running late, I was still making good time until about Trinity. I stopped briefly for gas as the front end of a storm began to blow through. Suddenly, after having travelled 100 miles or so, the temperature had gone from 102 down to 71. Although the skies were dark and lightening was off in the distance, it was a welcome change.

The most interesting thing about the front end of the storm (aside from the temperature relief) was the way that the wind was causing the leaves to blow from the trees. As I was headed south, the leaf littered wind was blowing at about a 45 degree angle north into my truck windshield. I am an idiot for not capturing this moment on film...it was spectacular.

Little tufts of dirt would climb vertically from the gravel driveways that I was passing...it was way cool!

Anyway, shortly after Trinity, the reality of the storm set in and most of the rest of the journey was filled with slow moving traffic, a couple of accidents (I wasn't in any of them, nor was I the cause!), and finally a safe arrival in south Houston for CRC (I will post more about that later!).

Have there been times when you have been somewhere and wished you would have had a camera (or gotten it out to snap some shots)? What photo ops have you missed?

No comments: