Monday, July 27, 2009

July 27, 2009

Here is today's prayer:

"O Lord, my Lord, how excellent is your name in all the earth." The Pleiades and Orion sing your praise. Sparrows and chickadees mimic their song. All creation seems in harmony with you, the Master Conductor. All, that is, except me. Why? Why do I alone want to sing my own melody? I certainly am a stubborn creature. Forgive me.

I do desire to come into harmony with you more fully and more often. I do desire a fellowship that is constant and sustaining. Please nurture this desire of mine, which seems so small and tentative right now. May I someday become like the trees, which are "planted by streams of water, which yield their fruit in its season, and their leaves do not wither. In all that they do, they prosper."

For Jesus' sake. Amen.

Prayer - Finding The Heart's True Home, pg. 129 - Richard J. Foster

No comments: