Friday, July 24, 2009

July 24, 2009

Here is today's prayer:

O most high, glorious God, how great is my dilemma! In your awful presence silence seems best. And yet, if I keep my peace, the rocks themselves will cry out. But if I do speak, what will I say?

It is Love that calls forth my speech, though it still feels like stammering. I love you, Lord God. I adore you. I worship you. I bow down before you.

Thank you for your gifts of grace:
-the consistency of sunrise and sunsets
-the wonder of colors
-the solace of voices I know

I magnify you, Lord. Let me see your greatness--to the extent that I can receive it. Help me bow in your presence in endless wonder and ceaseless praise.

In the name of him whose adoration never failed. Amen.

Prayer - Finding The Heart's True Home, pg. 90-91 - Richard J. Foster

No comments: