Saturday, December 20, 2008

Connectional and Missional...Now that's what I call Church

A couple of weeks ago, I had the privilege of working with 6 other pastors and more than 3 dozen volunteers from 7 different United Methodist Churches from our area to host an Advent event entitled Rediscover Christmas. You can find the article about this event by clicking here.

Here are some other pictures from that event:



7 local churches working together for the expanse of the Gospel...that to me is true connectionalism.

Hosting an event to reach the community with the real meaning of Christmas...that to me is missional.

Doing these things unattached to a church building and moving beyond our comfort zones...that's what I call being the church (as opposed to doing church)!

My prayer is that we will continue to be engaged in connectional and missional endeavors and that others will do likewise. At the end of the day it is about connecting people to Christ, not to ourselves.

As Advent is drawing to a close, I hope that your expectant waiting and anticipation of Christ's birth continues to be blessed.

No comments: