Tuesday, April 6, 2010

April 6, 2010

A little late, but here is today's prayer...it is a guide to a daily prayer of examen...follow the steps and then pray using your own words:

A Simplified Version (a latter Jesuit Examen)

1. Thanksgiving
Lord, I realize that all, even myself, is a gift from you.
- Today, for what things am I most grateful?
2. Intention
Lord, open my eyes and ears to be more honest with myself.
- Today, what do I really want for myself?
3. Examination
Lord, show me what has been happening to me and in me this day.
- Today, in what ways have I experienced your love?
4. Contrition
Lord, I am still learning to grow in your love.
- Today, what choices have been inadequate responses to your love?
5. Hope
Lord, let me look with longing toward the future.
- Today, how will I let you lead me to a brighter tomorrow?

No comments: