Sunday, February 7, 2010

February 7, 2010

Here is today's prayer:

God, I turn my will and my life over to You this day for Your keeping. Your will, Lord, not mine. I ask you for Your guidance and direction. I will walk humbly with You and Your fellowman. You are giving me a grateful heart for my many blessings. You are removing the defects of character that stand in my way. You are giving me freedome from self-will.

Let love, compassion, and understanding be in my every thought, word, and deed this day. I release those to You who have mistreated me. I truly desire Your abundance of truth, love, harmony, and peace. As I go out today to do Your bidding, let me help anyone I can who is less fortunate than I. Amen.

Taken from the 12 Step Prayer Book Second Edition (italics my addition), pg 23.

No comments: