Monday, February 1, 2010

February 1, 2010

I realized that there was no prayer posted today, so I thought I would fix that really quickly!

For the next couple of weeks, I am going to share prayers from the 12 step recovery community (I think you will be able to relate to many of them whether you are a part of the 12 step community or not). Then, beginning on Ash Wednesday, February 17th, we will have a very special series of daily prayers for the season of Lent and Easter. As always, thanks for joining me on this journey of daily prayer!

Here is today's prayer:

O Lord, I ain't what I ought to be,
And I ain't what I want to be,
And I ain't what I'm going to be,
But O Lord, I thank You
That I ain't what I used to be! Amen.

Taken from the 12 Step Prayer Book Second Edition (italics my addition), pg 4.

No comments: