Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Back from Sabbatical

For the past 5 days, I have been on a blogging sabbatical and vacation. After Christmas, I took a little more than a week to hunt, hang out with my dad, geocache, hang out with the girls and generally take a rest from ministry. Over the past few days, as I have returned to the offices and re-plugged in, I have had several comments and questions about whether or not I am going to continue the daily prayer posts.

After reflecting on the past year of prayers (what this journey has meant for me and how it has impacted some of you) I have decided to commit to another year of sharing prayers with you all. I will post the first prayer for this year shortly after this post publishes, and then the prayers will return to automatically posting just after midnight, each day for the rest of the year.

Part of the difficulty in deciding whether or not to continue this community prayer journey, was this desire to explore Christian thought in more detail. In the end I decided it didn't have to be either/or, but could very easily be a both/and situation. To that end, I will be sharing (set up to auto post) quotes from variety of Christian writers, thinkers, theologians and the like. My hope is that these quotes will provoke new conversations and cause us to think about our faith more deeply and carefully. I will set these posts, one a day, to come around noon to where they don't overlap with the prayers set to post in the mornings.

I encourage and invite your participation on these pathways of spiritual growth in the year to come.

To all of you who have and continue to support the work and play that happens here at Radically Altered (whether you view it here directly, through a feedburner, or on Facebook), I want to give you my most sincere thanks. I am grateful for your company on the journey.

Blessings to you in this new year and remember, the best is yet to come!

Russell

No comments: