Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Catching up

I can't believe that it has been over a month since my last post. Here is what is going on in my world:

I am finishing my second to the last semester of school (doing my internship) to where I can graduate in May with a Masters of Divinity degree (no one told me there was going to be hundreds of pages of writing for the internship!)

I have completed my First Responders training and taken my National Registry Exam (which I passed) and am waiting on the state to send me my license.

I was able to utilize my recent training to help a stroke victim a few weeks ago...yeah God, he made a full recovery.

I have been to and participated/co-officiated a couple of funerals.

I have been traveling to Houston, Longview, South East Texas, Canton, Athens, and other places for work, fun, and school.

I have participated in Town Hall meetings as a clergy person within the United Methodist Church evaluating our new model of ministry in the Texas Annual Conference.

I am continuing my participation on the Apportionment Task Force---a group looking at our current apportionment model and making recommendations to CF & A (the finance committee) in regards to that formula.

I am attempting to get everything done to be eligible for commissioning (one step away from full ordination in my denomination) in May.

I have participated in a health fair, a women's retreat, a garage sale and other local church activities.

I have spent time with Bailey and Erica.

I have been working with 7 other churches on an outreach event called Rediscover Christmas that will occur on December 6th (for more information you can check out our website at www.rediscoverchristmas.org --- the site is under construction and new stuff is being added daily)

And the list goes on and on!

Now that I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel, I am trying to get back into a regular rhythm of blogging.

I hope that you will forgive the absence and that you will rejoin me on this journey of faith that radically alters us in Christ!

No comments: