Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December 1, 2010

Here is today's prayer:

A Prayer
By Ward Patterson

Our Father, I thank you
for the grace and peace you alone can give.

I thank you for the forgiveness,
renewal,
unmerited love,
patience,
loving kindness,
and mercy
that you bestow without measure.

I thank you for reconciling me to you
and quieting the turmoil within me.

I thank you for your assurances,
Your providence,
Your provision.
Help me to trust your will for my life.
Help me to respond faithfully to your call.

I praise you for the comfort you bring
to the distresses of my life.

You are the Father of compassion,
comfort,
salvation,
endurance,
hope,
resurrection,
deliverance,
help,
gracious favor,
and answered prayer.

You lift me up when I am down,
strengthen me when I am weak,
and console me when I am depressed.

You heal my hurts.
You are generous with your comfort.
Whatever is wrong, you make right.

You produce patient endurance in my life, day by day,
by the things I am called upon to endure.
With the shared experience of suffering
comes the shared experience of triumph.

My hope in you never falters.
You are ever near.
You are with me in every circumstance.

When hardships come,
I learn to rely more firmly on you.

When pressure bears down on me
and I feel as if sentenced to death,
I learn that I need you to sustain me.

Help me not to rely on myself but to rely on you.
All power is yours.
Nothing is beyond your strength,
not even death.

You have delivered me from death
and from every other thing that would threaten me.
There is nothing to come that need cause me alarm.
You are my help and my hope.

Deliver me from evil.
Listen to my prayers.
Accept my thanksgiving.
Grant me your favor.
Give heed to the intercessions of your people.

Amen.

No comments: