Sunday, June 21, 2009

Fire Department Farewell

It is no great secret that one of my favorite activities while serving United Methodist churches in the greater Edom area was going on fire calls. I loved my work with the Edom Volunteer Fire Department. Over the course of almost 2 years, I went on hundreds of calls (medical, vehicle accidents, structure fires, grass/pasture/forest fires, etc) and completed my training and certification for being an Emergency Care Respondent (ECA/First Responder).

On our last Monday in Edom, the fire department through me a huge farewell party. Here are some photos from that last night on the department:

This is me in partial bunker gear on Engine 1 at station 1
From Photo Blog 2009


This is me in full bunker gear (minus SCBA equipment)
From Photo Blog 2009


Me in full gear in front of the station (it was hot...that's why I am not fully zipped!)
From Photo Blog 2009


Me and Bailey horsing around with my helmet
From Photo Blog 2009


The fire chief giving me my lieutenant's helmet as a gift for my service with the department
From Photo Blog 2009


A good chunk of the department together in front of the station
From Photo Blog 2009


Me and the fire chief (and my buddy)
From Photo Blog 2009


I am forever indebted to this group of men and women for allowing me the privilege to work with them. I will never forget the time I spent with them on the department!

No comments: